Volunteer and Part Time Employment Opportunities available
We are looking for volunteers willing to commit to a weeknight, or a shift on Saturdays and Sundays to keep the concession open for all games played Richard Saunders and Volunteer Fields at Hastings Community Park. The Concession volunteer would help support the parent volunteers for each game, and/or take on some responsibility for helping to set-up and close down the concession at each game. On game days, we welcome anyone who can spare some time to come help us out on the spot.
As well, do you know someone who might be looking for a part time job over the spring and summer baseball season? We are looking for responsible, friendly and keen part-time seasonal concession workers to staff our outdoor concession. Your responsibilities will be the preparation and serving of fast food and beverages and other related duties as required. Please note this is a paid opportunity.
Also we are a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your community.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 5.30 - 8 or 8.30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8.30 to 2.30 and 2.30 to 8.30pm
- Assist and set up the concession stand before the day of games and events and help in food prep, i.e. wrapping or traying hot dogs, setting up the condiments stations, stocking of candy, chips and other food items.
- Takes guests’ food orders, assembles orders, and cashes out the transaction using the POS system.
- Handles cash sales and credit card transactions while maintaining accurate cash handling procedures at all times, ringing all sales into the register.
- Provides great customer service by interacting with patrons in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Helps with the concession stand close down after games/ practices and clean up upon closing, i.e. cleaning condiment counter, wiping down front counter and equipment.
- Properly stores food by applying food safety policies and procedures.
- Replenishes food items and ensures product is stocked to appropriate levels.
If you are interested in participating on the Concession committee, please email us at email@example.com with your contact information, your interest, or any questions you may have.
Hastings Executive Committee
About Hastings Community Little League
Hastings Community Little League (HCLL) has operated continuously since 1953 providing community-based baseball for boys and girls aged 4 to 12. Operating under the umbrella of Little League International, Hastings Little League holds the charter for the geographic area that covers parts of East Vancouver and North Burnaby.
HCLL is a non-profit organization that relies extensively on community volunteers and parents to operate the league which provides various baseball programs for over 400 children each year. Our vision is clear and simple: to provide our children and youth with a safe, fun and family oriented program that demonstrates the ideals of good sportsmanship, character, teamwork, courage and respect.
There are of course many expenses connected with running our league and we rely on funding from player registration fees, gaming funds, our own fundraising events and sponsorships from local businesses and companies in our community. Funds raised through sponsorships will be used to maintain the quality of our programs and ensure the game is accessible to the ever growing number of children who want to play baseball.
Our games are very well attended by parents, relatives, friends and an increasing number of spectators from the local community. Without our sponsors, we could not maintain the level of quality and availability of our programs. We encourage all our players, coaches, parents and volunteers to patronize our sponsors to show our appreciation for their support and generosity.
Hastings Little League Sponsorship Packages
We have various sponsorship packages designed to increase your business and exposure to your customers while supporting our league. To see or download a copy of our sponsorship packages, please click here: HCLL Sponsorship Packages.