Volunteer and Part Time Employment Opportunities available
We are looking for volunteers willing to commit to a weeknight, or a shift on Saturdays and Sundays to keep the concession open for all games played Richard Saunders and Volunteer Fields at Hastings Community Park. The Concession volunteer would help support the parent volunteers for each game, and/or take on some responsibility for helping to set-up and close down the concession at each game. On game days, we welcome anyone who can spare some time to come help us out on the spot.
As well, do you know someone who might be looking for a part time job over the spring and summer baseball season? We are looking for responsible, friendly and keen part-time seasonal concession workers to staff our outdoor concession. Your responsibilities will be the preparation and serving of fast food and beverages and other related duties as required. Please note this is a paid opportunity.
Also we are a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your community.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 5.30 - 8 or 8.30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8.30 to 2.30 and 2.30 to 8.30pm
- Assist and set up the concession stand before the day of games and events and help in food prep, i.e. wrapping or traying hot dogs, setting up the condiments stations, stocking of candy, chips and other food items.
- Takes guests’ food orders, assembles orders, and cashes out the transaction using the POS system.
- Handles cash sales and credit card transactions while maintaining accurate cash handling procedures at all times, ringing all sales into the register.
- Provides great customer service by interacting with patrons in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Helps with the concession stand close down after games/ practices and clean up upon closing, i.e. cleaning condiment counter, wiping down front counter and equipment.
- Properly stores food by applying food safety policies and procedures.
- Replenishes food items and ensures product is stocked to appropriate levels.
If you are interested in participating on the Concession committee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, your interest, or any questions you may have.
Hastings Executive Committee
Welcome our new and returning families and those excited to re-join our 2023 Little League Season. I am Marianna Marcus, and I am extremely honored and excited to be the returning President at Hastings.
Since 1953, our league is focused on providing an inclusive, safe, affordable, and fun baseball experience for Little League eligible children of all skills. I would like to thank the players, parents, grandparents, and volunteers for your continued support of Hastings Baseball.
The 2023 baseball season will be the 70th Season for Hastings and we are excited to announce that registration is now open. Benefit from our early-bird registration fee, which is in effect to December 31, 2022. Subsequently, the standard fee will apply. Please visit our website for helpful information regarding registration.
Our objective this season is to return to a “normal” Hastings Program, while following all guidelines by the public health authorities. This season we will return with our player assessments for the Rookie, Minor and Major Divisions, a requirement for all new and returning players. This assessment information will allow our coaches to build teams that are evenly balanced and in seasons past has served as the best method to create an evenly matched competitive environment during the regular season, that will offer the most development opportunities and fun for our players. Please stay tuned for further information and dates.
Little League is an experience that parents and children can enjoy together, so become involved. Now is the time for a new generation of members to help shape our league and grow it into the future. If you are interested in volunteering with the league, please contact us at email@example.com
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I thank you for registering your child to play baseball at Hastings. With the help and support from our community, sponsors, and parents we will continue to dedicate our time to this league to help make it a memorable fun experience for all the players.