Volunteer and Part Time Employment Opportunities available
We are looking for volunteers willing to commit to a weeknight, or a shift on Saturdays and Sundays to keep the concession open for all games played Richard Saunders and Volunteer Fields at Hastings Community Park. The Concession volunteer would help support the parent volunteers for each game, and/or take on some responsibility for helping to set-up and close down the concession at each game. On game days, we welcome anyone who can spare some time to come help us out on the spot.
As well, do you know someone who might be looking for a part time job over the spring and summer baseball season? We are looking for responsible, friendly and keen part-time seasonal concession workers to staff our outdoor concession. Your responsibilities will be the preparation and serving of fast food and beverages and other related duties as required. Please note this is a paid opportunity.
Also we are a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your community.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 5.30 - 8 or 8.30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8.30 to 2.30 and 2.30 to 8.30pm
- Assist and set up the concession stand before the day of games and events and help in food prep, i.e. wrapping or traying hot dogs, setting up the condiments stations, stocking of candy, chips and other food items.
- Takes guests’ food orders, assembles orders, and cashes out the transaction using the POS system.
- Handles cash sales and credit card transactions while maintaining accurate cash handling procedures at all times, ringing all sales into the register.
- Provides great customer service by interacting with patrons in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Helps with the concession stand close down after games/ practices and clean up upon closing, i.e. cleaning condiment counter, wiping down front counter and equipment.
- Properly stores food by applying food safety policies and procedures.
- Replenishes food items and ensures product is stocked to appropriate levels.
If you are interested in participating on the Concession committee, please email us at email@example.com with your contact information, your interest, or any questions you may have.
Hastings Executive Committee
Umpiring at Hastings Community Little League Hastings Community Little League has a strong tradition of training and supporting youth umpires. Typically drawn from our players, but open to anyone, umpires may begin training from age 9 and work games once they have completed an initial training session offered through the league. Players can umpire in any division below the one within which they play - Major division players can umpire Minor and Rookie games, and Minor division players can umpire Rookie games.
All umpires must attend our annual umpire clinic held at Hastings Community Park Clubhouse. Clinic for both new and returning umpires, all divisions: Monday April 17th, 2023. Please fill out the form below to secure a spot at the umpire clinic: (Google Form)
Online umpire clinic courtesy of Little League Canada: click here
Rookie, Minor, and Major Game Umpires must sign in at the Hastings Park Concession to confirm they have umpired their game.
The safety of all players at Hastings Community Little League is a priority for all our volunteers, coaches, umpires, and parents. Please review our league safety manual which describes all our policies and rules regarding player safety. You can see the manual by clicking here: HCLL Safety Manual.
Umpires' Resources and Documents
Little League International is the primary information resource for all umpires. Umpiring rules, regulations, and policies can be found on the Little League International website here: Little League Umpire Rules
Hastings Community Little League also provides umpires with rule books and the Umpire in Chief is available to answer any questions, as well as lookout for our umpires' best interests and assure they are treated with respect at all times.
Please refer to the 2 Umpire Crew Mechanics document which reviews the proper field positioning for Umpires during games. It can be found here: